FATHERING ADVENTURE CAMP: MELBOURNE
adventure SNAP SHOT
2 nights, 3 Days
Suitable for sons aged 6 -14 years
3*1hr Presentations over the weekend
DESIGNED TO INSPIRE. This adventure camp provides opportunities to participate in a weekend of fun challenges with your son and will bring you back to your core values as a father.
THE ADVENTURE SIDE. You’ll set up camp, cook up some bush tucker, get stuck into adventure activities, conquer a hiking trail, meet like minded fathers and have plenty of free time to explore the freshwater rock pools or simply kick back and enjoy the serenity.
THE SOCIAL SIDE meet like minded parents, and let your son explore and evolve abilities in a positive peer group
YOU WILL SLEEP in simple but comfortable private rooms with shared facilities. Or choose to sleep out under the stars in tents.
THE CONVERSATION will provide fathers with new perspectives, knowledge and skills to connect with his son, and support his son transition through developmental milestones in childhood, adolescence and young adulthood.
Engage & connect.
Research has shown that fathers impact their son’s development in a unique way. Taking the time to engage and connect may seem simple but has long lasting results.
What you get when you attend
Our programs are unique! Delivered by professionals in a special environment structured in a way to meet the objectives of the program. Which are connection, challenge and fun. They are packed full of adventure activities, presentations and time to reflect, learn and share. This is not just any type of weekend campout.
- Arrival from 2pm and set up
- Group activity to get to know everyone
- Presentation for fathers (45min – 1hr)(while kids are learning bush survival skills)
- Learn how to cook on a camp oven. Dinner served.
- Breakfast and prep for the day
- Presentation for fathers (45min – 1hr) (while kids help with adventure set up)
- Adventure program 3-4hrs
- Free time for fathers and sons ( hang out by the pool, play tennis, fish, or go on a bush walk.
- Group Challenge
- Evening night program. Meet the locals (animals).
- Presentation for fathers (45min – 1hr)
- Challenge program 3- 4 hrs
- Wrap up discussion and evaluation.
- Depart approximately 1pm
What people are saying
NO PAYMENT REQUIRED
important things to know
- Private room for each father-son pair
- Catered meals
- Adventure activities
- Challenge activities
- Transport (to and from venue)
- Snacks, food and drink outside main meals
- Bedding (need to bring sheets, pillows, sleeping bags etc)
- This adventure is for fathers who want to experience a unique mix of adventure challenges and informative presentations, which are embedded in an environment that supports a closer relationship between father and child. The adventure challenges provide an opportunity for fathers and children to work together, connect and have fun. While the presentations and discussions allow fathers to reflect, bring clarity to what they value and gain knowledge and skills to test new ways of relating with their children. Fathers and children will return home from the weekend inspired, closer and with some great memories to share. At least, that’s what previous dads and kids have told us.
- Activities are suitable for sons aged 6 – 16 years.
- Activities suitable for generally healthy adults.
- Being an adventure based program their is the possibility of injury, all adventure based activities and challenges are guided and instructed by qualified individuals from our partnering organisations.
- Bedding: Sleeping bag, sheets, pillow
- Good foot wear
- Water bottle
- Torches or headlamps
- Warm clothing
- Hat & suncream
- Swim wear & towels
- Wet weather gear
Full payment is required upon booking for our Sunshine Coast and Byron Bay events.
If cancellation occurs 30 days or more before your departure date you will forfeit your deposit (10% of program cost).
If you cancel within 30 days of the adventure start date, you will forfeit the entire cost of the adventure program.
You should make sure you have adequate travel insurance to cover any substantial loss due to cancellation.
TRANSFER OF BOOKINGS
Transfer to another program will depend on the program availability.We will always try our best to accommodate this. We will only accept a request for transfer of program 30 days or more from your originally booked program date. Request for transfer with-in 30 days of your originally booked program will not be accepted.
Payments cannot be transferred to another person.
Travel insurance is highly recommended for all attendees on our programs. Your insurance should provide cover against personal accident and sickness, medical expenses, emergency repatriation and personal liability. We also recommend that the policy covers cancellation, curtailment, loss of luggage and personal effects.
For Australian residents: Under the Federal Government Medicare Act it is prohibited for any domestic travel insurance product to provide any financial reimbursement with regard to medical expenses and ambulance/air ambulance services. We advise our travelers to take specific cover for ambulance through their respective State/Territory ambulance providers or through their own private health insurance.
ADVENTURE AND RISK
Being an adventure based program their is the possibility of injury, all adventure based activities and challenges are guided and instructed by qualified individuals from our partnering organisations. We take no liability for injury or death incurred from participation in any activity. we strongly recommend not participating in any activity that may impact current health conditions or exceed your capacity. By paying for the program you are accepting personal responsibility for decisions and actions you take for your self and son during the program and associated events and activities.
- Direct deposit to our bank account.
All payments are to be made out to Father and Son Adventures and are in Australian Dollars.
The messy craft of fathering
We get... It is a little bit messy, our kids did not come with a handbook, but hey we do our best. Sign up and receive fortnightly inspiration, tips and laughs about fathering. Plus a little on upcoming events.
Get In touch
available from 9AM TO 5PM
Office address 10 Little Main Street Palmwoods.