TASMANIAN WILDERNESS: EXPLORE CRADLE MOUNTAIN
adventure SNAP SHOT
3 Days, 2 Nights
$1895 per person
Age: 12 plus years
Guest speakers: fathering boys
Specific dates TBA for Dec 2019
DESIGNED TO INSPIRE. Hike, horse ride and kayak in the rugged Tasmanian alpine wilderness.
THE ADVENTURE SIDE. You’ll set up camp, cook up some bush tucker, get stuck into adventure activities, conquer a range of hiking trails, meet like minded fathers and have plenty of free time to explore the alpine lakes, and walking trails.
YOU WILL SLEEP in simple but comfortable private rooms with shared facilities. Or choose to sleep out under the stars in our camp site.
THE GUEST SPEAKERS will provide fathers and sons with new perspectives, knowledge and the skills to stay connected while navigating developmental milestones in adolescence and young adulthood.
The adventure of manhood.
We all need opportunities to get away and get clear on what matters most to us. This shapes our relationships, our decisions and who we are as men.
What you get when you attend
Our programs are unique! Delivered by professionals in a special environment structured in a way to meet the objectives of the program. Which are connection, challenge and fun. They are packed full of adventure activities, presentations and time to reflect, learn and share. This is not just any type of weekend campout.
- Arrival from 2pm and set up
- Group activity to get to know everyone
- Presentation for fathers (45min – 1hr)(while kids are learning bush survival skills)
- Learn how to cook on a camp oven. Dinner served.
- Breakfast and prep for the day
- Presentation for fathers (45min – 1hr) (while kids help with adventure set up)
- Adventure program 3-4hrs
- Free time for fathers and sons ( hang out by the pool, play tennis, fish, or go on a bush walk.
- Group Challenge
- Evening night program. Meet the locals (animals).
- Presentation for fathers (45min – 1hr)
- Challenge program 3- 4 hrs
- Wrap up discussion and evaluation.
- Depart approximately 1pm
What people are saying
NO PAYMENT REQUIRED
important things to know
- Accommodation (huts, camping, lodge)
- Entrance fees to national parks and sites
- Guided adventure activities
- Transport with in Cradle mountain. Excluding to and from airport on arrival and departure.
- Experienced local leaders
- Transport (to and from venue)
- Snacks, food and drink outside main meals
- Bedding (need to bring sheets, pillows, sleeping bag)
- Are you looking to build stronger father-son bonds
- Activities are suitable for son aged 6 – 16 years
- Activities suitable for generally healthy adults
- Bedding: Sleeping bag, sheets, pillow
- Good foot wear
- Water bottle
- Torches or headlamps
- Warm clothing
- Hat, sun cream
- Swim wear and towels
A 20% deposit is required upon booking any adventure with father and son adventures. Full payment is required 30 days prior to the adventure start date.
If cancellation occurs 30 days or more before your departure date you will forfeit your deposit.
If you cancel with in 30 days of the adventure start date, you will forfeit the entire cost of the adventure program.
You should make sure you have adequate Travel insurance to cover any substantial loss due to cancellation.
TRANSFER OF BOOKINGS
Transfer to another program will depend on the programs availability. We will only accept a request for transfer of program 30 days or more from your originally booked program date. Request for transfer with 30 days of your originally booked program will not be accepted.
Payments cannot be transferred to another person
Travel insurance is mandatory for all attendees on our programs. Your insurance should provide cover against personal accident and sickness, medical expenses, emergency repatriation and personal liability. We also recommend that the policy covers cancellation, curtailment, loss of luggage and personal effects.
For Australian residents: Under the Federal Government Medicare Act it is prohibited for any domestic travel insurance product to provide any financial reimbursement with regard to medical expenses and ambulance/air ambulance services. We advise our travelers to take specific cover for ambulance through their respective State/Territory ambulance providers or through their own private health insurance.
- direct deposit to our bank account
- Online Paypal payment
All payments are to be made out to Father and Son Adventures and are in Australian Dollars.
Get In touch
available from 9AM TO 5PM
Office address 10 Little Main Street Palmwoods.